Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Regan Elizabeth

I know, I know. I’m a terrible blogger, you don’t have to remind me.
This year I’m going to try to keep up with it better.
What a better way to start than to introduce the newest member of our family…



Regan Elizabeth was brought into the world on November 12, 2014, five days before her due date.
She was 6lbs 14ozs and 20 inches long.
She screamed for the first hour and a half she was born…I think that was a warning that we were in for a challenge…




She has not been the easiest baby, and that’s made it hard to feel like I’ve got a good bond with her.
She’s got acid reflux/GERD and it took us about a month to really figure out what was going on with her.
The doctor put her on a lactose-free formula at first.  It seemed to help a little bit, but she was still having a hard time.
For two days, she was almost inconsolable and I didn’t know what to do.
I had been asking my Mama friends on Facebook if they had any suggestions and my one friend Katie seemed to be a big help.
She sent me a link to an article about something called Silent Reflux.
Regan fit all but two of the symptoms, so to the doctor she went.
She’s still on the lactose-free formula, only now it’s mixed with a small amount of rice cereal.
She’s pretty much an entirely different baby.
She’s going to bed earlier – around 10-10:30 instead of midnight or later.
She’s MUCH happier and smiles when we talk to her.
Every once in a while, she still has a little bit of an “outburst,” but it’s nothing like it used to be.
I am very thankful.



She’s almost three months old and I’m just now starting to feel like I sort of have a bond with her.
It makes me feel like a horrible mother, but it’s the truth.
She definitely hasn’t had the easiest start to her life, but things are changing.
She will be three months old on February 12th.
I can’t believe how much the time has flown already!
She really is a blessing to our family, and her big brother just adores her!
He loves to give her hugs and kisses, and asks to hold her then walks away shaking his head no.
He’s such an awesome little guy, but that’s for another post! J



1 comment:

  1. She's a beautiful baby! Bonding doesn't have to happen the moment they hand you the baby - sometimes it is a gradual process. Don't feel bad; you're a wonderful mama!

    ReplyDelete