Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The HEART of the Matter

For the past three weeks I've been experiencing some weird breathing patterns and some heart palpitations.
A few years ago I was "diagnosed" with something called costochondritis, which is a condition where the cartilage between your ribs swells. It can mimic a heart attack and can be a little scary. It's very painful and there's really no treatment for it. The pain can be relieved by taking an anti-inflammatory.
I just assumed that this new found breathing issue (I call it that because I can't really describe what's been going on) was related to costochondritis and I didn't really worry about it. 
A few days ago I started experience some heart palpitations and that's what got me to go to the doctor.
I went yesterday and was there for an hour and a half talking to the doctor and getting an EKG. 
At first the doctor didn't think there was anything wrong and she assumed it was something muscular.
I was surprised when she came in and told me I needed to see a cardiologist. 
She said I had something called an abnormal sinus rhythm. I'm still not completely sure what it is, she just said it had something to do with the "electrical" part of my heart. She said it wasn't life threatening and I didn't need to worry about it, but she wanted to make sure I was seen by a cardiologist so they could run more tests.

I have to say I wasn't expecting to hear that something was wrong with my heart. 
It's a little nerve wracking and a little scary to think about there being something wrong.

I was on my way to my mom's to pick up Deklan and I just got this peace about me.
I know that the Lord will take care of me and He can heal me.
I've already turned this over to Him and asked Him to heal me and take this away.
I'm not worried, I'm not nervous.
I am a child of the Great Physician and I know He will take care of me.

I didn't write this because I wanted sympathy, I wrote this because I need to share how great the Lord is.

I already feel better this morning. I haven't really had any discomfort and I haven't felt one palpitation.
I truly believe the Lord is healing me and when I go see the cardiologist he will wonder what I'm doing there.

God is good - all the time.

3 comments:

  1. We will be praying with you for healing! I understand the scary feeling when you find out something unexpected medically. . . a little too well I'm afraid but we will be praying the Great Physician heals you miraculously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I so very much appreciate your prayers! Right now it's definitely a little scary, even with putting all my trust in the Lord. When I feel it start I think it gives me some anxiety which makes the situation even worse.

      Delete