Saturday, March 1, 2014

To Do Lists

I'm someone who functions better with a to do list.
If I can see the tasks that I need to accomplish written in front of me, I have a better chance of accomplishing them.
If I know there are things that need done and I just keep them in my head, then the chance of them not happening is greater.

Sometimes I have very small to do lists which I can get done in a day or so, others are a little more extensive and take me a couple days to a week or more.

Just this morning as I was cleaning, I started thinking of all the things that I could do throughout the week and I started a new to do list.
It's not terribly long, but it is time consuming.
Since I have a little one who is refusing to take good naps as of late, I think it's going to take me longer to accomplish than I'd like.
A lot of my list consists of a lot of sorting and organizing and finding homes for the random items in my house that don't have a home yet.

I really don't like clutter, so I try my hardest to get rid of things about twice a year.
If they haven't been used in a year or so, they get donated to the city mission, or goodwill or something.

[Just a funny note that has nothing to do with this post...Deklan has figured out how to turn the water on in the bathtub. It's a good thing the office and the bathroom are right across from each other...]

I feel like this new list has me getting to spring cleaning a little early....but when there's so much snow and temperatures that are bitter cold what else is there to do?
I'd rather not miss out on any of the nice weather when it finally gets here.

How do you tackle the things you'd like to accomplish?
Do you make a list, or do you just go off the top of your head?




4 comments:

  1. I love to-do lists as well. I started doing a little bit of my spring cleaning this past week. I like to get it done early so that just like you said, I don't miss a minute of being outside once we can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like you did a post like this before, and I was kind of hesitant to post it because of that! I'm seriously ready to take hot water to all the snow and melt it! Of course we would have no water left.......

      Delete
  2. I'm a list-sometimes person. When I do write lists, it keeps me on track. This is the encouragement I need to write a list or two. I'm visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad I could be an encouragement!

      Delete