Monday, September 15, 2014

Life Update

It's hard to believe it's been just about four months since I've posted anything.
There are quite a few things that have happened since I've written

-Deklan has had his first birthday.
We had a small party at our church with just close friends and family.
He slept through most of it.
We had it on a Sunday, and Sundays usually aren't good for him as he doesn't really nap in the mornings.
He did seem to enjoy his birthday cupcakes and his smash cake.
He loved it so much he got some in his eye...

-He is walking now. 
-He loves climbing EVERYTHING!
-He can say "Mama/Mommy"
"Dada/ Daddy"
"Ball"
"Baby"
"Beep Beep"
"Dance"
"All Done"
"Hello"
 (I may be missing a few...)

-He loves boxes.
-He "chases" the dogs
-He loves to be outside
-He eats just about everything and still loves his veggies.
-He's got his first "friend"
-He still has melt downs when I take him to the nursery, but he seems to be doing much better.
He didn't cry at all yesterday for either service!
He still doesn't sleep all night, he's up at least once or twice....that'll be fun when Baby G comes along.
-He dances
-He waves to just about anyone

He's still too young to understand that he's going to be a big brother.
He's down to one nap a day (sometimes that's awesome and sometimes it really stinks!)

Here's some pictures from his first birthday.




Once I have a little more time I will put more pictures up.

Things with Baby G are going well. 
(I'm calling her that because we still aren't sure what her name will be)
I'm 31 weeks today and I can't believe how much time has passed.
We still have a lot to do.
We have to paint and get her furniture together, I have to get her closet organized and her clothes washed.
She needs bedding and blankets.
The car seat needs to be brought up from the basement and installed.
The carpet in her room needs cleaned.
The rest of the house needs to be put back together as we had to get everything out of the office and find new homes for things.
(We will be having a yard sale next year...)
There's just a lot left to do, it's making me tired just thinking about it.

I know everything will come together. It's just turning in to a time crunch and stressing me out!





2 comments:

  1. awe yes, preparing for #2 is crazy at times. love to you! If you need anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete