Saturday, May 17, 2014

My First Mother's Day

It's kind of hard to believe that this year was my first Mother's day.
I almost forgot it was because Deklan feels like he has always been here.

It was a really great day, and I went to bed feeling loved and complete and full of joy.
It's amazing what children can do.
They can be so frustrating, but so amazing - both at the same time.

My heart was made full by one little thing that day.
My baby brought me a flower.

Daddy had taken him outside so I could get a head start on getting ready for church.
They weren't out there very long, and I was in the living room when they came in.
Deklan had a daffodil in his hand.
It was bent and mangled, but it was the most beautiful flower because it was from him.
I still get a little teared up over it.

The look he had on his face when he gave it to me was priceless.
He was happy to give it to me.
(You know if you take something from a baby they usually scream bloody murder because they want it!)
He actually smiled and held out his little hand.

BEST. THING. EVER!

The rest of the day was spent with family, celebrating all the mama's in our family.

It's hard to believe that there will be another little one here to make next Mother's Day even more special!


No comments:

Post a Comment