Friday, May 2, 2014

12 Weeks

First thing I'd like to say is that I'm totally in shock that Deklan is still asleep and I'm able to have some Mommy time.
This hasn't happened in a very long time!
I've already got a load of laundry done and breakfast eaten and some laundry folded.
He hasn't slept past seven in months..let alone eight!
Woop!

Ok, now to the point.

The doctors still aren't 100% sure about my due date.

Just a little recap: 
I was on birth control, it was giving me heart problems so I stopped it, and then, cycle wise, I was all messed up - BAM - pregnant! I wasn't sure about the date of my last period blah blah blah, they estimated a due date of November 17th.

They scheduled an ultrasound so they could get a better idea of how far along I was.
The US tech said that baby was measuring at 8 weeks, but she was going to leave the original due date as November 17th. 

I got a call from the office on Monday [my appt was on a Friday] and they told me I had a small hematoma [most likely caused by implantation - it's just like a bruise] and they wanted me to come back in for an ultrasound in three weeks. 

The second US was scheduled for April 25th, and the baby was measuring at 11w 1d. 
The US tech thought the hematoma was gone or at least very small.
Turns out it's still there, but it is very small. Less than an inch.
I have to keep going back for routine checks every few weeks to make sure the hematoma isn't growing.
My next US is scheduled for May 23rd.
Hopefully it'll be gone.
I'm also hoping, but I know that it's probably not likley, they might be able to tell if it's a boy or a girl, but I'll only be around 14 weeks and to be able to tell, you have to be between 17 and 22.

For those that are wondering, I'm hoping for a girl!

Overall I've been feeling great. No morning sickness, none of the extreme fatigue - some days are worse than others, but nothing has been terrible.
I've been breaking out like crazy and it's driving me nuts. 
I've been craving things like lemonade and strawberries, but nothing really out of the ordinary (like pickles and chocolate milk).

I'm hoping my due date might get changed to a little earlier, but we will see. 
I just hope this baby isn't born on November 13th because two people in the family have a birthday that day.

Now Deklan is up and demanding his breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment