Friday, March 28, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Mighty

This is the first time I've ever done a linkup with another blog.
My friend Sally over at Maker of a Home has been linking up with Lisa Jo Baker for the past couple weeks.
I enjoy writing with a prompt and since my internet is FINALLY working (or seems to be) I figured I'd join in.

might·y

  [mahy-tee] 
adjective, might·i·er, might·i·est.
1.
having, characterized by, or showing superior power or strength: mighty rulers.
2.
of great size; huge: a mighty oak.
3.
great in amount, extent, degree, or importance; exceptional: a mighty accomplishment.

"Having, characterized by, or showing superior power or strength: mighty rulers."


The first thing that pops into my head when I hear the word mighty is the worship song "Mighty To Save" by Hillsong United.

It is one of my very favorite songs. 
If you're not familiar with it, I highly recommend you take a listen.

The chorus goes
"Savior He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave"

To think that someone would die for us so that we may have eternal life is pretty mighty.

3 comments:

  1. I love that song! Visiting from 5MF today. I hope you enjoyed joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I enjoyed it very much!

      Delete