Wednesday, February 26, 2014

So Over It

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm totally over winter.
I've had enough.
I'm tired of looking out my window and seeing nothing but white.
I'm tired of the cold temperatures and the wind, which makes it worse.
I'm tired of not being able to go outside and enjoy my yard.
I'm tired of not being able to take Deklan out because it's so cold.

I'm so ready for warmer weather.
I want to be able to take Deklan outside and have him feel the grass for the first time.
I want to be able to put him in a pool in the summer.
I want to be able to sit outside on my deck and enjoy the sun.
I want to mow the lawn - yes, I actually enjoy riding the tractor.
I want to be able to have fires at night.
One thing that I really want to do this summer is have friends over and have an "all praise night" of sorts.
I want to have picnics and parties and do everything associated with summer.
I want to take Deklan to the beach and the zoo.

There are so many things I want to do.
Summer, please some soon!!


4 comments:

  1. Amen. Ilike winter most of the time but these polar vortices have been brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you. The warm temps last week made it worse for me because now that I had a taste I want them to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sick of the winter too so your definitely not alone! We bought a swingset for the boys and their so anxious for my husband to build it so they can use it! This winter has just been horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! All this cold and lack of color is getting to me and even our animals. Oh how I want spring!

    ReplyDelete