Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Deklan: Three Months

It's definitely been a while since I've posted anything, not that time is on my side... HAHA

Deklan is three months old and is the most amazing little person I've ever met (not that I'm baised).
I can't believe how much he's grown in three months.
I feel like just yesterday he was born.
He's learning how to do so much and it's so fun to watch.
He smiles a ton and he's working on a giggle but he's not quite there yet.
He can hold things if we put them in his hands.
He stands up when we hold him up.
He's almost sitting up on his own, definitely sitting up supported.
Every once in a while I'll sit him up on the couch but he flops over on his side, it's adorable, I'm not going to lie.
I'm so thankful I'm able to stay home with him and take in every moment with him. 


He loves it when I sing to him, and he smiles at me all the time. :-)


I will (eventually) put a side by side picture of him and I and you can definitely see he looks like me when I was a baby.

I think becoming a Mama has definitely helped my patience. 
When he goes through crying spells, I'll just with with him on my lap and let him cry. 
I know there's nothing else I can do except let him work it out himself.
I know he's not hungry, or wet, or dirty, he's just crying to cry.
I'm not saying it's not frustrating, but I think I'm definitely handling it better than I thought I would.

He's SUPER STUBBORN, like his father..... :-)

He fights sleep like I've never seen.
If he's eating and he starts to fall asleep, he flails all over the place and moves his head back and forth and does everything he possibly can to keep himself moving....which is frustrating for me.

On more than one occasion, I've walked into his room to get him up from a nap, or in the middle of the night when he wakes up, to find him like this.......


We do not "follow" the sleeping on the back rule, so he sleeps on his belly.
In this picture, he rolled over and got "stuck" up against his crib, so he's on his side.
He won't roll over when I put him on the floor to try to get him to.
It's like he things it's his little secret that he can do and he doesn't want to share with Mama.



He totally looks like me when I was a baby in this picture!

I can't believe my little man is three months old already.
He just woke up from his nap, so I better go feed him :-)
The little stinker must have a second stomach......





3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous like his mom too! Wish I was able to see him more, but I love seeing updates on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow he's precious. Getting so big. Zoe is trying to hold him. HAHA she loves babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a cutie! I am following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete