Monday, January 13, 2014

Deklan Update

I didn't realize that the last post I did about Deklan was his four month old post...how time flies!

At his six month check up, he weighed in at a whopping 21.10.
I'm not kidding when I say I have a little moose baby.
I have friends whose 20 month old babies are about the same weight (give or take a few pounds!)
He's a healthy baby and he's growing as he should, which makes my mama heart proud!
He's such an easy guy to take care of.
He's rarely fussy, unless he's super tired or hungry, or mama leaves the room (and that's only sometimes.)
He won't take a bottle from Brian, which makes me laugh but at the same time it's a little difficult, especially on Sunday mornings when we are trying to get ready for church.

He loves to stand up and bounce in his doorway jumper.
He laughs at the dogs when they're around, more so at Dexter than Radar.
He plays well by himself which is nice because it allows me to get things done around the house.
He loves to touch faces now. I love it when he puts his little hand on my face, he's so gentle when he does it...except when he rips my glasses off my face....

He's starting to learn how to crawl, but I still think he might be a walker before he's a crawler...
He'll get up on his knees but then he flops down onto his belly and "swims" on the floor.

He hardly eats in the morning when he wakes up. I'm lucky if I can get a couple spoonfuls of food into him or a couple ounces of formula. He just doesn't seem to be hungry, and I won't force feed him.
I figure he'll let me know if and when he's hungry.
...Maybe this still explains why he wakes up at night...haha

We are feeding him earth's best organic baby food when I can't make his food for him.
Sometimes keeping up on having enough fresh produce in the house gets to be a little difficult, especially when it doesn't last long....or maybe it's just me.
I like feeding him organic food because I know it's "clean" and free from all the junk they treat fruits and veggies with now-a-days.

His favorite foods seem to be squash, sweet potatoes, and peas.
To be honest, I think he prefers veggies to fruits, which is weird.
However if that's the case, he gets it from me!

He can walk while holding on to fingers and sometimes you can't get him to sit down because he wants to stand.

He cut his first tooth earlier last week. I knew that because he wanted to chew on my finger and I felt a razor sharp object!
It's about time it's decided to make it's appearance, it seems like it's taken forever!
I'm hoping his second one is coming in too..it seems like it is...guess we'll see!

He's learning so many things and sometimes watching him is exhausting.


I'm definitely in for it when he gets older, he's going to be on the go as often as possible.
Guess I better rest up while I can!


....and start on P90X!


No comments:

Post a Comment