Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Terrible Twos

I think the title says it all.
We have officially been "blessed"...ahem.
Deklan is all about hitting, and kicking, and pushing and throwing (tantrums and toys..) and not listening.

It seems like over night we went from having a little boy who would listen and was very well behaved, to one who turned into the spawn of Satan.

Ok, that my be a tad extreme, but there are days where it really feels like it.

It's maddening. Really it is.
Sometimes I don't know how I'm going to make it until Brian gets home.

Every other phrase out of my mouth seems to be "Deklan don't to that."
 "Deklan stop sitting on your sister."
"Deklan stop throwing toys."
Deklan! Deklan! Deklan! 

Ugh. 

Sometimes he has his good days of course, and I feel thrilled when he does.
It shows me that there is still a "good boy" in there somewhere.

And of course all these frustrations are made worse when I have an infant who constantly wants to be touching me or wants to be held. 
As I'm writing this, she's standing under the table holding on to my legs.
It makes things extremely hard to get done.

How do you handle your child when they're acting out?


No comments:

Post a Comment