Thursday, November 28, 2013

Give Thanks

Here's my obligatory thanksgiving post... :-)


This year, Deklan and I are spending it on the couch.
We are both sick.
He's worse than I am. I've been sick for about two weeks and I seem to be at the end of it. 
He got sick on Monday.
I hate seeing him this way because I know I can only do so much.

Right now I am thankful he is sleeping as he hasn't slept all day and hasn't slept well for the past two nights.
I'm hoping he will stay asleep for a while. He's only been down for about an hour.

This year I am thankful that my baby is here! 
This time last year I was about 2.5 months pregnant and Brian and I were still getting used to the idea that there was going to be a baby in our lives!
We were also looking for a house because where we were at wasn't going to work for the two of us, two dogs, a cat and a baby!

I am thankful that God has blessed us with our home.
We had looked and looked for a house but none of them seemed to be "the one". 
We had just decided that we were going to take a break from looking when I found our house online.
It seemed like the perfect house and perfect timing. 
It was in the country which is what we wanted.
It was three bedrooms which was a necessity.
It doesn't have much property but there are fields all around us so it makes it feel like there's some there.
This is where we are supposed to be right now.

I'm thankful for God's protection and His provision.
Brian has been driving an old truck for a long time.
When he first got it the engine was blown so he bought a new engine and got the truck running.
He's been working on it ever since....no I'm not kidding.
Recently it had been breaking down on him almost once a week.
It got to the point where it wasn't reliable and he wasn't sure he'd make it to work.
A couple mornings he didn't.
He got a new truck at the beginning of the week and it's so nice to know he's got a reliable vehicle.
I feel better knowing that he's safe.

There are really so many things to be thankful. 
God is so good and He continues to bless us.

I am so thankful for my life, my family and my friends, my home and my animals (even if they're annoying...most of the time).
I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Awe so sorry to here you're sick. We've got the sickness bug over here too. Zoe's got an ear infection, I have strep and Aaron has a sinus infection. Thankfully we made it through Thanksgiving and had a great day but took Sat and Sun off to try to rest up. I'd be super thankful if I could stop coughing so much. Coughing + pregnancy = lots of unfortunateness.

    ReplyDelete