Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Motherhood

It's official. I am a mom!
How crazy is that? 
I still feel like I should be in high school or something. I don't feel old enough to be a mom.

We welcomed Delkan Thomas Baldwin on Tuesday May 28, 2013 at 6:32pm.
He was 8lbs 10oz and 21 inches long.


He's the best little baby ever!
He's a good eater and a good sleeper.
He snorts when he cries when he's hungry, and it's adorable.
He loves to cuddle and scoots himself right up under my chin.
I can't help but rub his head with my face because his hair is so soft.
He doesn't like to be naked. 
He also doesn't like to have to wait for his food.
He always has his hands up by his face, which he's done since before he was born.
He's learning to suck his fingers and self-soothe.
His hands are HUGE! I wouldn't be surprised if he out grew his daddy.
He loves to be held, which isn't good for me because I never want to put him down!

I am trying to nurse him and it's a bit of a struggle. 
We started to supplement with formula because I wasn't producing enough milk to keep up with him.
Thankfully, that problem seems to be working itself out.
I've been pumping and today I was able to get two ounces, which is the most I've been able to get since pumping.
The only problem with supplementing is that he's gotten so used to a bottle he doesn't want to have to work a little bit to nurse.
We will get it though.

I knew there was always a special bond between a mother and her child, but I never realized exactly how strong that bond is until Deklan was born. 
I want to do everything I can to make sure he's safe and happy.
I want him to know how much I love him.
When we were on the way home from the hospital I was just starting at him and crying because I couldn't believe how much I could love someone I just met.
I still get emotional when I talk about him.
I can't help it. The feeling is overwhelming.
I am so proud. I cant' even describe how I feel about him.
Words fail me.
I am so thankful the Lord chose me to be his Mama.

Deklan Thomas, Mama loves you so much and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you.



2 comments:

  1. Awe that's awesome that you are enjoying motherhood so much. He's adorable. I'm glad nursing is going at least ok as well! Yay for that! I know it's pretty rough going at first though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee! He's such an adorable newborn! Yay for being a mama!

    ReplyDelete