Saturday, June 8, 2013

Deklan: Week One

I just wanted to post a few pictures of Deklan's first week of life outside the womb :-)
This is a little late. Tuesday he will actually be two weeks old.

He's such an awesome little guy.
He can already hold his head up by himself!
He's eating almost 8 ounces, typically this happens right before bedtime.
He only gets up twice a night (so far).
He recognizes me, and doesn't like to go to bed without falling asleep on Mama first.
He can smile, and it's ADORABLE!
He's staying awake for about an hour every time he wakes up from a nap.
I can already see changes in his face and it makes me sad. He's already getting big!

Sleeping on Mama


He's always got his hands up either on his face or on his chest.


One of my favorite pictures ever! 
He had just finished eating.
Can you see the resemblance between him and his dad?
Feed them and they are happy!

Sitting up in the rocker.


His first picture!
We learned quickly he hates the flash.

One Week!
You can already see the difference in his belly!

He had his first doctors appointment. 
He is back up to his birth weight which was 8lbs 10ozs.
We are still struggling with nursing.
I've been pumping and feeding him that in addition to formula and it seems to be working out pretty well.
Not being able to actually breastfeed him is a little discouraging, but I think that was our own fault by giving him a bottle to soon.
Next time around we will definitely give it more time.
At least I know he's still getting breast milk and that makes me feel a little better.




2 comments:

  1. Yay first week! They sure fly by. I'm sorry about the breastfeeding thing. That's so cool that he recognizes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie. I'm also sorry that BFing isn't going so well. I believe I read something about next time around???

    ReplyDelete