Monday, August 1, 2011

WE HAVE A NEW HOME!!!!

God is sooooo good to us. Especially when we feel like we don't deserve it. We have a new home! We are hoping to go sign the lease this evening but we aren't sure if that's still going to happen though. Hopefully we can get the lease signed so I can get in there and start cleaning!  I love knowing that I can go into a place knowing that it's mine. I can do what I want, I can decorate how I want. It's a little small but it's OURS. I want to try and make it as "homey" as possible. We have a YARD! Our puppy can RUN! We can potentially have our dining room TABLE set up! There's a couple downsides though. The bedroom (yes, just ROOM) is small. We will have to downsize our bed. There's not a furnace, just a gas space heater. There's also no basement, no laundry hookups and no dishwasher or garage. To be perfectly honest we aren't worried about the lack of basement or garage (Brian can build a shed) we also aren't worried about the space heater (we've already talked to the landlord about working something out where Brian can install some sort of furnace) Just because there's no dishwasher doesn't mean anything. I will just have to make sure I do the dishes all the time (which I usually do anyway, I try and tell Brian that when you're done with a dish, rinse it off and put it in the dishwasher) Downsizing our bed is going to stink but once we actually own the house we can add on. That's another great thing. $200 of our rent goes to the purchase price of the house which is $59,000. Honestly to me, the good definitely out weighs the bad! We are really excited. We plan on getting as many boxes as possible so we can get packed. I really can't wait until we get the keys so I can go clean and maybe plan out where our furniture can go! If anyone knows where we might be able to find some dark stained end tables for a low price please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo excited for you! God is so good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA YAY YAY!!! Um, try craigslist. Andrew also told me about a block sale this Saturday morning but you'll probably be busy with wedding stuffs. I can also ask my family if they have any if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete