Monday, May 6, 2013

Soon & Very Soon

It's official. 
May is here which means the countdown to baby starts.
I know as a new parent, you're never fully prepared for what an infant brings. 
If I told you I was "ready" I would be lying. I mean, I don't even have a hospital bag packed yet.
That is procrastination at it's best right there....
Today we have an ultrasound to determine exactly how big baby is and to make sure that things are still  where they should be. 
I know that at my appointment about a month ago, my belly was already measuring two weeks ahead of schedule. 
Hopefully that means Daddy and I will be right and he will be coming around the middle of May instead of the end. 
I'm very curious to see what the doctor is going to say today.
Part of me is hoping that they'll say I'm almost ready to have a baby, but at the same time I'm terrified.
I'm more than ready to meet this little man, but knowing that time is running out leaves me feeling a little apprehensive. 
I know that's normal. 
I know that routines need to be developed and getting to know each other is going to be a big thing. 
I think something that scares me the most is that this tiny little human is going to have to rely on me for  everything, and if I can't figure out what he needs I'm going to feel like a failure.
I'm sure that's normal as well.

I'm going to check out a pediatricians office today before our appointment.
My dad delivers mail to their office and has been talking about me almost since we told everyone I was pregnant.
Another nice thing is that this is an office where one of my best friends takes her kiddos so she's been able to fill me in on some things as well.
I'm looking forward to meeting the staff there. I've heard a lot of good things about the doctor as well.
That's one nice thing about working in the medical field. You hear all the good and bad and are able to get different opinions, both good and bad.

I just hope that we are prepared to head to the hospital when the time comes.
I have to get my bag packed, baby's bag is already packed.
I'll do that while I'm in the bedroom sifting through the pile of clothes that need folded.
I've been trying my hardest to keep this house in good shape and clean and such because we never know when we're going to have to leave. 
The other day Brian brought more boxes into the house so they can be unpacked and I need to get on that because I don't want to have a bunch of other things that need to be put away when the baby comes.
I know I can take care of that kind of thing when he's napping, but I can't guarantee that I won't be napping when he does!

These past few weeks have been nice because we've been able to spend time with family and friends. My baby shower was a couple weeks ago, and it was an awesome time. We really are so blessed to have so many people who love and support us.
Our friends also through us a BBQ/BabyQ! It was nice to be able to see everyone and their little ones.
We were able to have everyone here at our house (finally!) because we now have a big enough place to  have get-togethers and such.
I know there will be many other get togethers held here. 
This summer we hope to have a "housewarming/baby meeting" party, but we will see how things go.

Please just keep us in prayer these next few weeks!
I will write an update when we get back from the doctor's office and if I'm lucky, maybe I can get them to put the sonogram pictures on cd....and hopefully some of them can be in 4D!

I suppose I need to get to packing bags and unpacking boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment