Tuesday, May 29, 2012

surprises

This weekend was one of those weekends that I wish didn't have to end,
About a week ago, my mom asked if Brian and I would want to go down to Grove City with her and my dad. I brought it up to Brian and he wasn't sure at first. (He's not a big shopper). Once I told him he'd be going golfing with my dad...that was another story.

My mom wanted it to be a surprise so she didn't say anything to my dad. She packed their suitcases (they'd stay for 2 days) and I helped her be sneaky. Let me just say, "lying" is a lot of work.
The funny thing about keeping it a surprise was that everything my dad said about this weekend (wanting to go to dinner somewhere they hadn't been before, going golfing..etc.) played into the surprise.

My mom planned on leaving Saturday night after my dad got home from work and then Brian and I were going to go down on Monday morning.
It was so fun!
My dad had no idea, he didn't believe my mom when she told him where they were going.
Also, he had no idea Brian and I were coming down Monday.
Our part of the surprise was to make sure their animals were taken care of and grab Dad's golf clubs when we left on Monday.
When we got there Brian sent my mom a text and told her we were there and such.
We got to the room and my mom answered the door and said "oh housekeeping is here"...enter Brian and I.
My dad was so excited, I don't think he knew what to say.
It was nice to surprise him because we don't get the chance to very often.

The guys went golfing and then my mom and I went shopping and we all met for dinner after.
It was a lot of fun but I'm sad to see it end.
I always love long weekends, and now it's back to the daily grind.
School, work, blah blah blah.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment